Friday, July 18, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter



I figured if my Dad can start a blog, then I should be able to do it also. I had no idea it was so easy. I have been thinking of doing this since Truman was born. I will add pictures of the boys and hopefully be able to keep family and friends better updated on what they are doing.


A quick glimpse of what is happening with the Brede Family:

Truman is almost 18 monoths old. He is into everything. He loves to climb, empty and destroy what ever he can get his hands on. Our house has never been so messy. How do people with more than one child keep a house clean? He loves to follow Logan and do what ever he is doing to the best of his ability. He wants to eat when ever he sees someone else eating and will try just about anything. He has a horrible sweet tooth and he loves apples! He understands much of what we tell him and is great at following simple directions like"go get a diaper". He is still babbling most of the time. He has different sounds that start with a "b" that stand for brother, ball, or bottle. Most of the time I can understand what he wants by what he is pointing at or events happening around him. He is a great boy. He likes to sleep in any day that he can. On the flip side, he loves to stay up late. Much different than Logan who likes to go to sleep early and wake up early. Logan always loved to play with any kind of a ball. He was so easily distracted. Truman is not easily distracted for long.


Logan is now 7 and will be starting 2nd grade soon. He will be going to our neighborhood school this year. He is excited to be going to school with his neighborhood friends and riding the bus. He was concerned with how many recesses the school has. Another baseball season has passed. This was the first year of "kid pitch". He learned what it feels like to be hit by a ball. He did a great job playing catcher, 1st base, short stop and pitcher this year. Pitching really stressed him out, but he did a great job. He is a player to watch and remember his name. I truly believe you may be hearing it more in the future at bigger venues. Speaking of that, he had the priveldge of throwing out the first pitch at a T-Bones game in June, thanks to Grandma who sent his name in. Of course he threw a strike. We stood on the field with the player during the national anthem. He loved that night. A few friends from his team, their dads, Grandma Margaret, Aunt Barbie and "cousins" Oscar and Charlie and their parents were able to come and watch. He declared that night one of the most fun nights he had ever had. Now we are gearing up for football. He loves all sports!! He is looking forward to his vacation to Washington and catching another Mariner's game to watch his favorite player, Ichiro.

Our summer always ends with a vacation to Washington to spend time with Dave's family at their "beach house" that Dave's grandfather built. It is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations to take. However, this year will be different. Dave is taking both boys and I am staying home. I really think that I am the one getting the vacation. I started a new job in January and really do not want my time to be taken down to zero. I also have a good momentum going with my Primerica business that I do not want to lose. I am sure Dave will do fine and they will all have a great time. I will be sure to post pictures of all of them from their vacation.

Be looking forward to my weekly updates of the Brede Family. I will be sure to post pictures of the boys so you can see how much they have grown. The pictures posted are from our "stay-cation" to KC. We went to a T-bones game and the T-Rex Cafe. The boys had fun swimming at the Hotel and wore themselves out.

No comments: